Guard Slip Resistant
Guard Slip Resistant® is a water based, environmentally friendly product designed to add grip to mineral substrates. It combines with existing silica in the flooring material to build a textured non-slip coating on the surface.
One application of Guard Slip Resistant® gives a very efficient and long-lasting anti-slip eﬀect. Ideal for showers, bathrooms and other wet areas. It is the ideal solution for slippery balconies and other outdoor tiled areas.
Guard Slip Resistant® is used both indoors and outdoors on a wide variety of surfaces composed of silica, including natural stone, concrete, terrazzo, tiles and enamel.
NOTE: Average coverage 8-10m2/L
Price is exclusive of GST & Shipping.
Trade & bulk order discounts available. (Click Here)
$341.00 (from ~ 7.58/m2 RRP)Compare
- Environment & Safety
- Data Sheets
- Reviews (0)
- Additional information
Guard Slip Resistant® is an anti slip product that is applied to hard slippery surfaces to create a non slip texture.
In many instances it is almost invisible, yet it produces outstanding grip, particularly in the wet. With it’s easy, long lasting, once coat application, it’s a ‘must have’ product for anyone with a slippery floor!
All anti slip products currently on the market depend on varying concentrations of hydrofluoric acid (also known as hydrogen fluoride) as their essential component. This component aggressively etches most surfaces to create a rough texture to provide the grip. In many instances this significantly alters the look and feel of the surface entirely.
But worse than the damage to the surface is the damage it can do to you! Hydrofluoric acid is an extremely corrosive and hazardous. Exposure to hydrofluoric acid generally will not burn the skin, or at least not straight away. As such many people don’t realise they have been exposed until the acid has migrated through the skin and is causing complications throughout the body. Hydrogen fluoride significantly disrupts the electrolytes in the body and prevents cells from being able to work as they normally would. This can cause a myriad of serious complications. Therefore, in Western Australia you need a special license to even be in possession of any product containing more than 1% hydrofluoric acid. Most etching anti-slip products contain around 6% hydrofluoric acid. For more information see the hydrofluoric acid fact sheet on the Australian Department of Health website.
Guard Slip Resistant® is a revolutionary non slip solution.
It contains no acids at all. Nor does it pit or etch the surface of the material. Instead it makes use of the silica contained in the materials as a natural anchor point. It binds molecules to this silica to produce nodules on top of the surface of the floor. This creates a subtle, yet highly effective non slip coating. This type of anti slip is more effective and leaves the surface practically unchanged.
Please note that this product is only effective on materials that contain silica. Without silica the product cannot effectively bind to the treated surface. Also, most sealers will limit the effectiveness of this product by stopping it from accessing the silica in the surface.
Guard Slip Resistant® enables easier cleaning of floors in comparison with the same surface treated with hydrofluoric acid. In areas of high traffic, rebuild the non slip coating at any time with an additional application.
Guard Slip Resistant® is a completely safe product which requires no special precautions when handling. It is safe to use indoors and in areas with very little ventilation.
Other Anti Slip & Non Slip Options.
Guard Slip Resistant is a great solution for existing installations. However, there are other ways of ensuring a non slip surface, if considered at design stage. Guard has a range of full penetrating sealers which will protect against water, oils and staining without altering the natural grip of the surface.
The best way to bring out the colour on a dense natural stone is to mechanically polish the surface. However this also produces an extremely slippery surface. ProtectGuard Wet Finish Premium provides a true wet out colour enhancement without altering the texture of the the surface. Treat a course textured stone to get that colour you love without the slipperiness that you don’t.
- Works in ONE APPLICATION
- Long lasting effect
- Non-corrosive and non-irritant
- Not harmful even to fragile substrates
- Interior and exterior use
- Non flammable
- Coverage: 8 to 10m2 /litre
- Clean up: clean tools and equipment immediately after use with water.
- Equipment needed: low pressure sprayer or hand sprayer
- Odour: scented
Guard Slip Resistant® can be used indoors and out on inorganic surfaces composed of silica, including natural stone, concrete, terrazzo, tiles and enamel. It is used by industry, local authorities, old people’s homes, entrance halls, sports halls, swimming pools, pedestrian areas, kitchens, shower and bath trays, and wherever ﬂoors are slippery, especially when wet.
- Treat surfaces only after removing all stains
- On certain substrates the treatment may effect the shine. ALWAYS TEST FIRST. If the shine is affected, increase the dilution of the Guard Slip Resistant® but leave to act for the same amount of time.
- On some types of marble the treatment may not be effective – test before treatment. DO NOT APPLY to polished or crystallised surfaces or to plastic paints or acrylic paints.
- If the non-slip effect is not obatined after the first application, apply a second time.
- For ideal application and effective results, Guard Slip Resistant® must be used when the temperature of the substrates is between 5ºC and 30ºC.
- Do not apply in the rain or in very hot weather. Air temperature between 5ºC and 30ºC.
Surface Preparation :
• Apply the product to a surface that is clean, dust-free,
grease-free and dry. To remove stains and dirt, use Guard Remover® Eco Soiled Floors.
• Use neat, do not dilute.
• Shake the product well before use.
• Always carry out a preliminary test.
• Pour or spray the product onto the substrate. Ensure product remains uniformly present across the entire surface during the application. Add more product if necessary.
• Do not allow the product to dry throughout the period of its application.
• Allow to act for 40 to 60 minutes.
• Then rinse carefully with water.
• The treated substrate can be used immediately.
• Depending on the substrate and the degree of resistance to friction desired, repeat the operation.
Environment & Safety
Ecological product that respects the environment:
• Water-based product.
• Biodegradable > 90% in 5 days*.
• VOC < 1 g/l*.
• Respiratory protection : Under normal conditions of use where adequate ventilation is available, no special respiratory protection equipment is needed.
• Hand protection : Wear latex gloves.
• Skin protection : No special protective clothing or skin protection is required under normal conditions of use.
• Eye protection : If there is a real risk of splashing, wear protective goggles.
• If swallowed : Do not induce vomiting. Contact a doctor or a specialist.
KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN
5 Litre, 750ml
GuardHardener W0 out of 5$140.00 – $510.00 (from ~ $5.10/m2 RRP) Compare
Wet Finish Premium5.00 out of 5$185.00 – $380.00 (from ~ $3.04/m2 RRP) Compare
D’MossGuard Eco5.00 out of 5$51.00 – $174.00 (from ~ $1.74/m2 RRP) Compare
GuardRemover Eco Efflorescence & Cement5.00 out of 5$80.00 – $290.00 (from ~ $3.19/m2 RRP) Compare
ProtectGuard MG Eco0 out of 5$220.00 (from ~ $3.14/m2 RRP) Compare
ProtectGuard5.00 out of 5$160.00 – $600.00 (from ~ $5.00/m2 RRP) Compare