High Performance Sealer
ImperGuard® is a high-performance penetrating water based sealer that makes porous surfaces highly water repellent. The hydrophobic nature of the sealer causes water to bead and run off rather than soak into the surface. This sealer does not form a film and therefore is completely invisible and highly breathable.
By repelling water ImperGuard® provides protection against dampness, acid rain, erosion, freeze/thaw cycle, erosion moss and lichen growth, and efflorescence. As such it is a cost-effective solution for protecting walls, and tiled roofs. It has a 5-year service life is such applications.
ImperGuard® is a water-based product that is non-toxic and safe to use. It can be cleaned up easily with water before it dries.
NOTE: Average coverage 4m2/L (depending on surface porosity)
Price is exclusive of GST & Shipping.
Trade & bulk order discounts available. (Click Here)
$80.00 – $280.00 (from ~ $3.50/m2 RRP)Compare
- Environment & Safety
- Data Sheets
- Reviews (0)
- Additional information
ImperGuard® is a high performance water repellent product for protecting porous walls, facades and roofs from humidity. ImperGuard® penetrates deeply into the pores of the material to make it impermeable to water and so prevent the harmful eﬀects of humidity: infiltrations, acid rain, erosion, freeze / thaw cycle, moss and lichen growth, efflorescence, saltpetre, etc.
The chemical composition of the solution also enables it to perform as well as a solvent-phase product. The water-repellent properties of ImperGuard® are therefore developed very quickly (within a few hours to 3 days).
ImperGuard® also has an anti dusting action and hardens the surface of materials. ImperGuard® is a penetrating, non-film-forming product. The substrate remains permeable to air and water vapour. Water will bead off treated surfaces, but moisture in the substrate can still escape as water vapour.
Completely colourless after application, it modifies neither the appearance nor the nature of the treated material. In addition, it is completely resistant to UV light and does not yellow with age.
- Excellent water-repellent properties.
- Quick and long-lasting efficiency (> 5 years)
- Prevents penetration by water.
- Limits the development of efflorescence.
- Limits moss and lichen growth.
- Prevents frost/thaw damage.
- Anti-dusting action.
- Non-film-forming – allows substrate to breathe.
- UV-resistant – does not yellow.
- Invisible after drying.
- Ready and easy to use.
- Easy to use.
- Non corrosive and non ﬂammable.
- Drying Time:
– Protected drying: 24 hours
– Maximum effectiveness achieved after 2 to 3 days
- Coverage: 3-6m²/litre depending on surface porosity
- Clean-up: Water
- Equipment needed: low pressure sprayer, roller or brush
- Odour: Slight
ImperGuard® can be used indoors and out on vertical surfaces and roofs. It is ideal for the water-repellent treatment of porous materials such as natural stone, concrete, rendering, brick, terracotta, cement…
ImperGuard® is used for new works or refurbishment.
Apply the product to a surface that is clean, dust-free, grease-free and dry. To remove stains and marks of pollution use Guard Cleaner® Polluted Facades or Guard Wash®. For efflorescence, laitance or concrete bloom use Guard Remover® Eco Eforescence & Cement.
- Use neat, do not dilute.
- Shake the product well before use. Always carry out a preliminary test.
- The treated surface should be impregnated to saturation point, either in one application or in two applications ‘wet-on-wet’.
- Always apply from bottom to top.
- Do not overcharge the substrate – remove all excess before it dries. Risk of white stains in case of excess.
Environment & Safety
- Environment-friendly product
- Petroleum solvent free
- Safe and non toxic
- Biodegradable > 90%* at 28 days
- VOC < 1 g/l*
- Respiratory protection : Under normal conditions of use where adequate ventilation is available, no special respiratory protection equipment is needed.
- Hand protection : Wear latex gloves.
- Skin protection : No special protective clothing or skin protection is required under normal conditions of use.
- Eye protection : If there is a real risk of splashing, wear protective goggles.
- If swallowed : Do not induce vomiting. Contact a doctor or a specialist.
- KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN
5 Litre, 20 Litre
Penetrating, Water Repellent
GuardCleaner Eco Soiled Floors0 out of 5Select optionsCompare
Rejuvenate5.00 out of 5Select optionsCompare
D’MossGuard Eco5.00 out of 5Select optionsCompare
Pro Seal 896 Concentrate5.00 out of 5Select optionsCompare
Wet Finish Premium5.00 out of 5Select optionsCompare
GuardRemover Eco Efflorescence & Cement5.00 out of 5Select optionsCompare