Pro Seal 896 Concentrate
4L MAKES 20L
Premium Concrete Sealer
Pro Seal 896 is a premium grade, water based acrylic sealer which uses nano technology to deliver exceptional protection for concrete, exposed aggregate, natural stone, and other paved surfaces.
Water Based Sealers’ ‘Trade Secret’ formula uses acrylic co-polymers to create a cross linking, tough, yet flexible clear sealer that provides a streak free finish that is hot tyre mark resistant, and resistant to motor oil, grease, and most chemicals. Pro Seal 896 is the only commercial grade vehicle traffic sealer that is applied to a wet surface.
4L seals up to 100m2; 19L seals up to 450m2 (depending on surface porosity).
Price is exclusive of GST & Shipping.
Trade & bulk order discounts available. (Click Here)
$240.00 – $880.00 (from ~ $1.85/m2)Compare
- Environment & Safety
- Data Sheets
- Reviews (4)
- Additional information
Pro Seal 896 is a water based acrylic sealer. It was designed by Water Based Sealers for use in our harsh Australian external applications. This sealer is an eco, non-toxic, UV-stable, breathable and penetrating concrete sealer. It is suitable for use on most porous external surfaces.
Most acrylic sealers are film forming sealers. Acrylic sealer can be either water based or solvent based. They produce a thick film with quite weak surface adhesion. Solvent based ones are usually harder wearing but are more brittle and are not breathable. Any expansion and contraction can cause crazing. Any water trapped below the sealer can cause the seal to delaminate and peel off. Most water based ones are breathable, but are soft and flexible and as such aren’t very abrasion resistant.
Pro Seal is quite different. Firstly, it contains a specially designed, acrylic co-polymer. This provides increased strength, durability and chemical resistance. Secondly, it is a true nano sealer that penetrates deep into porous surfaces, using water as a conduit, for the ultimate in adhesion. Finally, as the Pro Seal dries, the polymer chains cross-link together to form a matrix seal. This matrix locks together everything in the top layers of the surface. This provides outstanding strength, stain resistance and durability. The top of this matrix forms a tough film on the surface that acts as a wear layer.
Pro Seal 896 is applied to a wet surface and can therefore be used straight after pressure cleaning. Or applied to new concrete as soon as it’s hard enough to walk on. So, Pro Seal 896 provides the earliest possible stain protection. Why wait for surfaces to dry when you can seal straight away?
Pro Seal 896 will not turn white in wet conditions, will not yellow, and will never flake or peel.
- Versatile sealer for all types of new and existing concrete and paved surfaces
- Developed with MRT Science (Moisture Retention Technology) aiding in the curing of new installation cement based materials
- Protection for new concrete from DAY ONE
- Applied to wet substrate, saving time & money
- Highest level of Oil – Dirt Stain Resistance
- Minimises surface cracking
- Eco-Friendly Non Hazardous Material
- Easy water clean up
- UV Stable / Industrial Grade Pure Acrylic Sealer
- Will not delaminate or turn yellow over time
- Commercial/Industrial Grade
– Touch dry: 30-60 minutes
– Foot Traffic: 24 hours
– Vehicle Traffic: 72 hours
Coverage: 20-25m²/litre depending on surface porosity
Dilution: 1:4 (1 part product : 4 parts water). Porous substrates diluted 1:3 or pre-treat with Pro Polish 770
Equipment needed: Pump sprayer or WBS CSU (Commercial Spray Unit) & broom or microfiber mop
Pro-Seal 896 can be used with confidence to seal and provide stain protection for new & old concrete, exposed aggregate, liquid limestone, clay & concrete pavers, and all types of natural stone.
Pro Seal 896:
- is effective as a curing agent for new concrete
- is an effective solution for repairing dusting concrete
- is a penetrating sealer
- provides superior stain-protection
- is a great option for pressure clean & seal jobs as it enables you to get the job cleaned & sealed on the same day
- is an excellent sealing option for driveways, alfrescos, around pools, shopping centres, commercial sites, common walkways etc
Pro Seal 896 comes in a highly concentrated form that requires dilution with water prior to application. Completely saturate old and dry substrates prior to application to ensure the best possible penetration and performance.
Suggested dilution rates are:
- Plain Concrete: 1:4 (1 part product 4 parts water)
- New Exposed Aggregate: 1:3 (1 part product 3 parts water)
Diluted product should be applied at a rate of 3 – 5 m2 per litre depending on surface porosity.
For highly porous substrates consider pre-treatment with WBS Pro-Polish 770.
Use a soft bristle broom to sweep out any pools that develop. The sealer can be walked over without concern during the curing process. In many instances a single flood coat is all that is required. If required, a second mist coat can be applied as soon as the first coat is touch dry.
Doesn’t need to be stripped off prior to reapplication. While Pro-Seal 896 will remain in the substrate and provide protection for 15+ years it is recommended that a recoat be applied to the surface once every 3 years to maintain best surface appearance. This is particularly relevant in high traffic areas.
Environment & Safety
- Contains no petroleum solvents or silicone compounds
- Non-hazardous and non-toxic
- 100% biodegradable
- VOC < 2 g/L
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Wash up any spills by ﬂushing with water.
- It is best practice to clean spills as soon as practical. Most household cleaners can be used on Pro-Seal 896, however use of harsh chemicals may damage or reduce the working life of the sealer.
- Avoid contact with eyes and skin
- Keep product out of direct sunlight
- Store in cool dry area
- Classiﬁed as Non-Hazardous Material
4 Litre, 19 Litre
Colour Enhancing, Satin Finish
Oil Repellent, Penetrating, Reduces Marking, Stain Protection, Water Repellent
ProtectGuard5.00 out of 5Select optionsCompare
GuardRemover Eco Efflorescence & Cement5.00 out of 5Select optionsCompare
Pro Seal 770 Concentrate0 out of 5Select optionsCompare
ProtectGuard®HD0 out of 5Select optionsCompare
GuardCleaner Eco Soiled Floors0 out of 5Select optionsCompare
ImperGuard0 out of 5Select optionsCompare