ProtectGuard® is a penetrating sealer that repels both water and oils. Since it doesn’t form a film it will not alter the appearance of the surface and the substrate is free to breathe. Forces of repulsion at the molecular level cause water and oils to bead on the surface.
ProtectGuard® may be used indoors and outdoors for floors, walls and roofing and is effective for at least 10 years. This product exhibits very good anti-graffiti properties.
NOTE: Average coverage 6m2/L (depending on surface porosity)
Price is exclusive of GST & Shipping.
Trade & bulk order discounts available. (Click Here)
$160.00 – $600.00 (from ~ $5.00/m2 RRP)Compare
- Environment & Safety
- Data Sheets
- Reviews (1)
- Additional information
ProtectGuard® is a natural sealer that delivers outstanding protection to all types of porous materials. It is an eco product that repels water, oils, stains and graffiti. It comes with a 10 year guarantee and has been proven effective for over 20 years in many applications. Protecting iconic structures from St Peters Basilica at the Vatican City to Tiananmen Square in China. ProtectGuard is the stone protection product of choice.
ProtectGuard® helps tackle the deterioration caused by atmospheric pollution, grease type staining, penetration of liquids and graffiti. Surfaces treated with ProtectGuard® will benefit from an increased life-span and will be easier to maintain. Since ProtectGuard repels stains of all kinds, surfaces stay cleaner for longer. Besides that, all future cleaning activities become simple. Graffiti can be safely and easily remove using GraffiGuard 2030 Eco, without damaging the seal.
ProtectGuard® is a non film-forming penetrating sealer product that leaves the treated surface permeable to air and water vapour. An easy, one coat application, will provide outstanding stone protection for at least 10 years.
ProtectGuard® is completely colourless after application. So it does not change the look or the composition of the treated surface. It is also UV-resistant and does not discolor with age.
ProtectGuard® natural sealer is a water based sealer. It is environmentally friendly product that is non-hazardous and non-toxic, odourless and 100% biodegradable. So you can be sure it’s safe for the environment and safe for you.
- Eﬀective for more than 10 years demonstrated by the CEBTP
(Experimental Centre for Research and Study in Construction and Public Works).
- Protects against water, oily liquids and staining.
- Limits efflorescence formation.
- Anti-staining, anti-dirt.
- Prevents chewing-gum from sticking, limits dirt due to pollution from building up again. Limits moss and lichen growth.
- Makes cleaning easier.
- Very good anti-graffiti properties.
- Prevents deterioration resulting from freeze-thaw cycle.
- Non film-forming, lets the surface breathe.
- UV-resistant, does not discolour.
- Invisible once dry.
- Ready to use, easy to use.
- Drying Time:
– Protected drying: 24 hours
– Optimum effectiveness obtained after 7 days
- Coverage: 4-7m²/litre depending on surface porosity
- Clean-up: Clean tools and equipment immediately after use with water.
- Equipment needed: low pressure sprayer, roller or brush
- Odour: None
ProtectGuard® may be used indoors or outside on walls, ﬂoors and roofing. It is designed to protect all porous building materials such as natural and synthetic stone, concrete, terracotta, cement, self-locking paving…
On low porous materials, use ProtectGuard® HD or ProtectGuard® MG Eco. ProtectGuard® is used for new and renovated constructions.
Surface preparation :
- Apply the product to a surface that is clean, dust-free, grease-free and dry. To remove stains and marks of pollution use Guard Cleaner® Polluted Facades. In case of greasy stains use Guard Cleaner® Eco Soiled Floors. For efflorescence, laitance or concrete bloom use Guard Remover® Eco Efflorescence & Cement.
- Rinse carefully and wait until the surface is completely free from any cleaner marks before applying ProtectGuard®.
- Use neat, do not dilute.
- Shake the product well before use.
- Always carry out a preliminary test.
- The treated surface should be impregnated to saturation point, either in one application or in two applications ‘wet-on-wet’.
- do not over apply, eliminate any exceeding product before drying.
Environment & Safety
- Water-based product
- Petroleum solvent and silicone free
- Non hazardous and non toxic
- 100% biodegradable*
- VOC < 2 g/l*
- 2008 Award of the “Éco Trophées 93”
5 Litre, 20 Litre
Oil Repellent, Penetrating, Stain Protection, Water Repellent
D’MossGuard Eco5.00 out of 5Select optionsCompare
GuardRemover Eco Efflorescence & Cement5.00 out of 5Select optionsCompare
ProtectGuard®HD0 out of 5Select optionsCompare
GuardCleaner Eco Soiled Floors0 out of 5Select optionsCompare
ProtectGuard MG Eco0 out of 5Select optionsCompare
Pro Seal 898 Concentrate5.00 out of 5Select optionsCompare