Wet Finish Premium
Wet Look Sealer
We normally recommend steering well clear of all solvent based sealers, particularly wet look sealers. They are subject to a myriad of problems that are impossible to fix without stripping and starting over. Plus, they rarely achieve or maintain the desired look anyway. But for this product we are happy to make an exception.
ProtectGuard® WF Premium is a 100% active, true wet look sealer that is unlike anything else we have seen. It is a true penetrating sealer, so it is possible to get a deep dark colour enhancement without building a surface film. As a result, the surface is still free to breathe and there are no concerns with regards to adhesion or peeling. This also means that you can achieve a complete wet-out type colour enhancement and still maintain a matt to satin finish!
NOTE: Average coverage 25m2/L (depending on surface porosity)
Price is exclusive of GST & Shipping.
Trade & bulk order discounts available. (Click Here)
$185.00 – $380.00 (from ~ $3.04/m2 RRP)Compare
- EH & S
- Data Sheets
- Reviews (1)
- Additional information
ProtectGuard® Wet Finish Premium is a wet look sealer with a difference! This Guard Industry product gives porous and low-porosity mineral surfaces an intense “wet eﬀect”; in other words, it provides the same colour enhancement as a wet surface. It also restores and revives the original colour of old faded surfaces. ProtectGuard® WF Premium is traffic resistant and produces a true, long lasting wet look effect.
Your average wet look sealer is a solvent (oil) based acrylic. These products create a thick layer on the surface which is not breathable. Any moisture that gets into the substrate, cannot escape through the sealer. Over time this moisture which is trying to escape will cause the sealer film to delaminate from the surface. These failures appear as white patches. These stand out in contrast to the rest of the rest of the darkened surface. The only way to fix this is by stripping off the sealer and starting over.
Like all Guard Industry Sealers, ProtectGuard® WF does not produce a surface film, but penetrates into the surface. This means that the substrate can freely breathe. So any moisture that gets in can evaporate from the surface as water vapour.
ProtectGuard® Wet Finish also provides a protection against water, oil and stains. It also provides long-term protection for materials and prevents the principal causes of deterioration such as atmospheric pollution, dirt and grease. It slows down the ageing of the support and makes it easier to maintain.
ProtectGuard® WF is an impregnation product, the support can still let through air and water vapour.
- Produces a wet eﬀect that really revives the colour
- New technology: lasts for 3 times longer
- Limits penetration by water and dirt
- Improves resistance against freezing and thawing
- Lets the support breathe
- Can be reapplied without removing everything
- Economical: very good return
- Low VOC and eco-solvent
- No toxic smell
- Ready to use
- Drying Time:
– Protected drying: 24 hours
– Optimum effectiveness obtained after 7 days
– Average: 25m2/L
– Low porous materials: 10-20m2/kg
– Polished or crystalised materials: 20-35m2/kg
- Clean-up: Clean tools and equipment used with white spirit immediately after use.
- Equipment needed:
– Application: short-nap roller or brush for acrylic varnish
– Wiping: micro fibre cloth
- Odour: Characteristic
ProtectGuard® WF Premium is used both indoors and outdoors on horizontal and vertical surfaces of porous or low-porosity material: limestone, terra cotta, clay, brick, natural and reconstituted stone, blue stone, concrete, marble, granite etc.
ProtectGuard® WF Premium is used in new works or renovation.
Preparation of support:
- Apply the product to a clean, dry surface free of dust and grease (moisture content less than 5% by mass).
- Use Guard Remover® Eco Efflorescence & Cement 50% diluted to prepare the surface before treatment.
- If there are grease stains, use Guard Cleaner® Eco Soiled Floors. If there are traces of efflorescence, laitance or veils on cement, use pure Guard Remover® Eco Efflorescence & Cement.
- Rinse thoroughly until the surface is free from any trace of cleaning product.
- Shake the package thoroughly before use and use the pure product: do not dilute or mix with another product.
- Carry out a preliminary test on a small area.
STEP 1: APPLY
– Apply in one thin layer without excess. It is not necessary to soak the tool with the product, just a small amount of product is enough.
– Do not overload the support; all of the product must penetrate the surface.
STEP 2: WIPE
– After 10 minutes, the treated material must be wiped oﬀ and polished with a lint-free microfiber cloth.
– On large surfaces, apply by steps to avoid walking on the product when wiping.
- Where necessary, apply a further layer to homogenize the wet eﬀect.
EH & S
- Respiratory protection: Wear an ABEK-type mask.
- Protection of hands: Wear ﬂuoride rubber gloves.
- Protection of skin : Wear suitable safety clothing.
- Protection of eyes: Wear hermetic protective goggles (ref. standard EN 166).
- If swallowed: Do not induce vomiting. Contact a doctor or specialist.
- KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN
2 Litre, 5 Litre
Colour Enhancing, Gloss Finish, Satin Finish, Wet Look
Oil Repellent, Penetrating, Stain Protection, Water Repellent
Pro Seal 896 Concentrate5.00 out of 5Select optionsCompare
GuardRemover Eco Efflorescence & Cement5.00 out of 5Select optionsCompare
ProtectGuard5.00 out of 5Select optionsCompare
Pro Seal 770 Concentrate0 out of 5Select optionsCompare
ProtectGuard®HD0 out of 5Select optionsCompare
ImperGuard0 out of 5Select optionsCompare