- Additional information
- Data Sheets
- Reviews (1)
Pro Seal 898 Natural Stone Sealer is an eco, non-toxic, breathable, penetrating sealer. Ideal for granite, marble and other natural stone surfaces. Perfect for commercial, workshop and warehouse floors. It is a pure, high cross-linking acrylic sealer, developed and made right here in Australia.
Most acrylic sealers consist of large individual polymer chains that clump together to form a thick film on the surface. These films rely on a fairly weak adhesion to keep them stuck to the surface. So they are far more prone to delamination and failure than penetrating sealers.
However, Pro Seal is different. It’s polymer chains are tiny. In Pro Seal 898 these are just a few nano-meters in length. So they penetrate deep into the substrate and bond together to form an interlocking matrix from the inside out. This matrix is permanent and serves to strengthen and protect the materials sealed. The top of this matrix sits above the surface and provides a wear layer. Apply a maintenance coat every few years, to replenish the wear layer and deliver the ultimate in protection.
Pro Seal 898 Natural Stone Sealer has the smallest polymer size in the range. So it’s ideal for dense materials like densified concrete, granite and marble. While, for more porous surfaces, like normal concrete, Pro Seal 896 is more suitable.
Being a true nano sealer, Pro Seal 898 builds a very thin, yet tough surface layer. So it isn’t a self leveling type seal that delivers artificial gloss. However, on smooth surfaces Pro Seal 898 will be very shiny and it can be buffed to achieve even higher gloss levels.
5 Litre, 19 Litre
Colour Enhancing, Gloss Finish, Satin Finish
Hydrophobic (Water Repellent), Oil Repellent, Penetrating, Reduces Marking, Stain Protection
Water Based Sealers
- Versatile sealer for dense, natural stone & polished concrete surfaces
- Developed with MRT Science (Moisture Retention Technology) aiding in the curing of new installation cement based materials
- Increases surface quality of new & old concrete
- Highest level Stain Resistance
- Eco-Friendly Non Hazardous Material
- Easy water clean up
- UV Stable / Industrial Grade Pure Acrylic Sealer
- Will not delaminate, blister, peel or turn yellow over time
- Commercial/Industrial Grade
- Applied to wet substrate, saving time & money
– Touch dry: 30-60 minutes
– Foot Traffic: 24 hours
– Vehicle Traffic: 72 hours
Coverage rates depend on porosity of surface being sealed.
– Dense surfaces like granite <40m2/L
– As gloss finish when used in conjunction with Pro Seal 896 or Pro Polish 770 recommended coverage rate is 20-25m²/litre (depending on surface porosity)
Dilution: 1:3 (1 part product : 3 parts water). Porous substrates to be pre-treated with Pro Polish 770 or Pro Seal 896
Equipment needed: Pump sprayer or WBS CSU (Commercial Spray Unit) & broom or microfiber cloth/mop
Pro-Seal 898 is used with confidence to seal and provide stain protection for all types of natural stone, including benchtops and tables.
Pro Seal 898:
- is a penetrating sealer
- provides superior stain-protection
- is a great option to seal natural stone bench tops used outdoor kitchens as it is UV Stable, Non-Toxic and won’t peel, blister or turn yellow.
- is an excellent top coat option for driveways, alfresco’s, around pools or wherever a higher gloss finish is required.
Pro Seal 898 comes in a highly concentrated form that requires dilution with water prior to application. Completely saturate all substrates prior to application to ensure the best possible penetration and performance.
Suggested dilution rate: 1:3 (1 part product 3 parts water)
Dense Natural Stone and Polished Concrete:
Apply Pro Seal 898 as a fine mist spray and massage in thoroughly with a micro-fibre cloth. Ensure any access sealer is wiped off the surface. Failure to do so may result in an uneven finish.
Exposed Aggregate & Other Porous Surfaces:
Apply Pro Seal 898 only as a final coat in the WBS sealing system where a higher gloss level is desired. As a minimum, this involves pre-sealing with Pro Seal 896.
Use a soft bristle broom to sweep out any pools that develop. The sealer can be walked over without concern during the curing process.
Doesn’t need to be stripped off prior to reapplication. While Pro-Seal 898 will remain in the substrate and provide protection for 15+ years it is recommended that a re-coat be applied to the surface once every 3 years to maintain best appearance. This is particularly relevant for high use areas.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Wash up any spills by ﬂushing with water.
- It is best practice to clean spills as soon as practical. Most household cleaners can be used on Pro-Seal 898, however use of harsh chemicals may damage or reduce the working life of the sealer.
- Avoid contact with eyes and skin
- Keep product out of direct sunlight
- Store in cool dry area
- Classiﬁed as Non-Hazardous Material
Rejuvenate5.00 out of 5$60.00 – $274.00 Select optionsCompare
ProtectGuard HD0 out of 5$195.00 – $700.00 (from ~ $3.50/m2 RRP) Select optionsCompare
ProtectGuard Wet Finish Premium5.00 out of 5$185.00 – $380.00 (from $3.04/m2 RRP) Select optionsCompare
ImperGuard0 out of 5$80.00 – $280.00 (from ~ $3.50/m2 RRP) Select optionsCompare
Guard Remover® Eco – Efflorescence & Cement5.00 out of 5$80.00 – $290.00 (from ~ $3.19/m2 RRP) Select optionsCompare
ProtectGuard5.00 out of 5$160.00 – $600.00 (from ~ $5.00/m2 RRP) Select optionsCompare