ProtectGuard MG Eco
$220.00 (from ~ $3.14/m2 RRP)Compare
- Additional information
- Environment & Safety
- Data Sheets
- Reviews (0)
ProtectGuard MG Eco – Dense Natural Stone Sealer
ProtectGuard MG Eco Marble and Granite Sealer is a product designed to protect low and very low porosity substrates. It provides exceptional stain resistance against water, oil, grease, weak acids (fruit juice, ketchup, etc.) as well as all types of soiling. Liquids of all kinds will simply bead off the surface of materials treated with this dense natural stone sealer. ProtectGuard MG Eco has been developed to penetrate into very dense, low porosity materials. Ideal for sealing dense natural stone, polished concrete and crystallised materials like marble. It will not alter the look or feel of sealed surfaces. It’s a high performance, food safe sealer. With no VOC’s and its very environmentally friendly.
High Performance Water Based Marble Sealer
Getting a sealer to penetrate properly into very dense and crystallised materials is not easy. As such many very dense materials are difficult to seal properly. Marble, in particular, has a problematic crystalline structure from a sealing point of view. It is the ‘Achilles Heel’ of many otherwise impressive sealers. Marble is therefore a good benchmark for high end sealers. If a sealer works well on marble it will work well on just about anything.
ProtectGuard MG Eco has been designed specifically for marble. As such, it makes an excellent marble sealer. No matter whether the stone is honed, polished, or even crystallised. ProtectGuard MG Eco will penetrate into the surface to provide long lasting protection. Impressive since its a water based, solvent free sealer. You will not find a better performing water based marble sealer!
ProtectGuard MG Eco is a Food Safe Sealer
ProtectGuard MG Eco is a new generation water based sealer. It is significantly less hazardous than other high performance sealers on the market. Indeed, it is not classified as either corrosive or an irritant. This product exceeds European legislation and standards for food contact compliance. So it is a true Food Safe Sealer! Use with confidence on kitchen bench tops, kitchen floors and other food prep surfaces.
Since this product contains no volatile organic compounds (VOC’s), it achieves an A+ rating for indoor air quality. Many food contact compliant sealers contain volatile components. These are released into the air when the products are applied. So they are only safe for food contact after a long curing period. But what about the VOC’s they spread through the rest of the building? ProtectGuard MG Eco is safe at every stage of your build. It’s safe in the container, while it’s being applied, as it’s curing, all the way through it’s service life. Which is an impressive 10 years plus!
ProtectGuard MG Eco is a Breathable Sealer
ProtectGuard MG Eco is suitable for both indoor and outdoor applications. It is an impregnation, non film forming product. Treated materials remain permeable to air and water vapour. This allows the surfaces to breathe. Providing clean and healthy surfaces. Breathable surfaces can release moisture from rising damp without any negative impacts on the sealer. Film forming sealers cannot breathe and will delaminate, blister and peel under such conditions.
ProtectGuard MG Eco dense natural stone sealer is colourless. It does not change the look or texture of the treated material. It has a high level of abrasion resistance, so its fine to use on flooring and other highly abrasive environments. Further, it is UV and frost resistant and does not discolour with age. Lastly, since it doesn’t produce a film on the surface it does not alter the natural slip levels of the surface.
Looking For Something Else? There is a Protect Guard Sealer for All Types of Applications
ProtectGuard MG Eco is designed for dense and low porosity materials. However, there is a Guard Industry Protect Guard Sealer to suit every application. For the ultimate in stain protection consider the solvent version of this product, Protect Guard Marble and Granite Sealer. For more porous materials consider using Protect Guard or Protect Guard HD. Or if you are after a colour enhanced finish check out Protect Guard WF Premium wet look sealer.
A water droplet test is a handy way to check the porosity of your material. This is often a good place to start when trying to decide which Protect Guard sealer is right for your application. Simply put a drop of water on the surface you want to seal and time how long it takes for the droplet to soak in. Then check it against our selection chart.
Hydrophobic (Water Repellent), Oil Repellent, Penetrating, Stain Protection
- Eﬀective for more than 10 years
- Protects against water, oily liquids
- Anti-staining and anti-soiling
- EU food contact compliance**
- Limits surface moss and lichen growth
- Prevents deterioration resulting from freeze-thaw cycle
- Non film-forming, lets the surface breathe
- Cost-eﬀective, a small quantity of product is sufficient to protect a large surface
- UV-resistant, does not discolour
- Ready to use, easy to use
- Drying Time:
– 1 hour
– Protected drying: 24 hours
– on very low porous, crystalised or polished materials, polish with a microfibre cloth after drying of the treatment.
– Optimum effectiveness obtained after 7 days
– Average: ~14m2/litre
– Low porous materials: 10-12m2/litre
– Polished or crystalised materials: 15-20m2/litre
- Clean-up: Clean tools and equipment immediately after use with water.
- Equipment needed: Roller, brush, microfibre cloth or flat mop.
- Odour: Slight
ProtectGuard MG Eco can be used inside and outside on all vertical and horizontal surfaces. It is ideal for treating all low and very low porous materials: marble, granite, ceramic, polished and crystallised surfaces, stoneware porcelain and all smooth mineral substrates, especially low porosity silica-limestone materials.
ProtectGuard MG Eco is used for new and renovated constructions.
- Apply the product to a surface that is clean, dust-free, greasefree and dry. To remove greasy stains use Guard Cleaner Eco Soiled Floors. For efflorescence, laitance or concrete bloom use Guard Remover Eco Efflorescence & Cement. Surface preparation ensures good efficiency of the treatment.
- Rinse carefully and wait until the surface is completely free from any cleaner marks before applying ProtectGuard® MG Eco.
- Shake the product well before use
- Use neat, do not dilute
- Always carry out a preliminary test
- The treated surface should be impregnated in a single application
- Let the product penetrate and dry (from 10 to 60 min. depending on the porosity and temperature of material)
- Do not over apply the product; remove any excess with a clean cloth by swabbing before the product dries.
- On very low porous, crystallized or polished materials, polish with a microfiber cloth after drying of the treatment.
Environment & Safety
- Water-based product
- Non hazardous: petroleum solvent free and non toxic
- Biodegradable > 75%*
- VOC < 1 g/l*
Pro Primer 575 Concentrate0 out of 5$215.00 (from ~ $1.71/m2 RRP) Select optionsCompare
Guard Remover® Eco – Efflorescence & Cement5.00 out of 5$80.00 – $290.00 (from ~ $3.19/m2 RRP) Select optionsCompare
GraffiGuard 2030 Ecological0 out of 5$230.00 Add to cartCompare
D’MossGuard Eco5.00 out of 5$30.00 – $110.00 (from ~ $1.74/m2 RRP) Select optionsCompare
Pro Seal 896 Concentrate5.00 out of 5$295.00 – $880.00 (from ~ $1.85/m2 RRP) Select optionsCompare
Pro Seal 770 Concentrate5.00 out of 5$250.00 – $600.00 (from ~ $1.26/m2 RRP) Select optionsCompare