$360.00 (from ~ $4.80/m2 RRP)Compare
- Additional information
- Data Sheets
- Reviews (0)
ProtectGuard MG Marble and Granite Sealer
ProtectGuard MG is a ‘new generation’ stone sealer designed to protect substrates with very low porosity. It strongly repels water, oil, grease, weak acids (fruit juice, tomato sauce etc), and other general stains. In terms of stain resistance it sits right at the top of the ProtectGuard range. It outperforms most competitors products. Independent testing puts it well ahead of the likes of Dry Treat and Lithofin. When only the best will do, choose ProtectGuard MG!
ProtectGuard MG is highly water repellent. So it keeps substrates dry. This, in turn, prevents the growth of moss, mould and lichens.
ProtectGuard MG is ideal for protecting all dense low porosity materials. Such as:
- Polished and crystallised surfaces.
- Low porosity silica – limestone materials.
- All smooth mineral substrates.
- Densified and polished concrete.
ProtectGuard Marble and Granite sealer contains 90% active components, so you aren’t just paying for solvents. As a result it goes a long way. On dense surfaces coverage rates of up to 20m2 per litre are typical. It also comes with a 10 year performance guarantee. ProtectGuard MG provides outstanding value for money.
High Performance Marble Sealer
Penetrating very dense and crystallised materials is not easy. This makes them very difficult to seal properly. Marble, in particular, has a crystalline structure that is notorious for making good sealers look bad. So marble is a good testing material for high end sealers. If it performs well on marble it will work as well, if not better on everything else.
ProtectGuard MG has been designed specifically for marble and granite. That’s what the MG stands for, Marble & Granite. As such, it makes an excellent marble sealer. No matter whether the stone is honed, polished, or even crystallised. ProtectGuard MG will penetrate into the surface to provide long lasting protection.
ProtectGuard MG is a Breathable Sealer
ProtectGuard MG is suitable for both indoor and outdoor applications. Use for walls or flooring. It is a impregnating type sealer which does not create a surface film. Materials remain permeable to air and water vapour. This allows the surfaces to breathe. Surfaces stay clean and healthy. Moisture in the substrate can escape as water vapour without any negative impacts on the sealer. This is especially important where rising damp is an issue. Film forming sealers cannot breathe and will delaminate, blister and peel under such conditions.
ProtectGuard MG Granite and marble sealer is colourless. It generally does not change the look or texture of the treated material. However, on certain materials it can have a very slight darkening effect. Doing a small test is always recommended before doing a full application.
It has a high level of abrasion resistance, so its fine to use on floors. It is UV and frost resistant and does not discolour with age. Since it doesn’t produce a film on the surface it won’t alter the natural slip levels of the surface.
Need Something Different? There is a Protect Guard Sealer for All Types of Applications
ProtectGuard MG is a solvent based sealer designed for dense and low porosity materials. However, there is a Guard Industry Protect Guard Sealer to suit every application. For a water based, food contact compliant and extremely low VOC equivalent check out ProtectGuard MG Eco. For more porous materials consider using Protect Guard. For high traffic porous floors try Protect Guard HD. For colour enhancement consider Protect Guard WF Premium wet look sealer.
Not sure how porous your surface is? Do a water droplet test. Put a drop of water on the surface you want to seal. Then time how long it takes for the droplet to soak in. Check the time against our sealer selection chart.
Hydrophobic (Water Repellent), Oil Repellent, Penetrating, Stain Protection
5 Litre, 20 Litre
- Specifically designed for low & very low porosity substrates
- Protects against water & oil staining
- Abrasion resistant
- Does not change colour
- UV and frost resistant
- Formulated with 90% of activ components
- Non film-forming, lets the surface breathe
- Interior and exterior use
- Drying Time:
– Protected drying: 1 hour (surface to be protected for 24 hours)
– Optimum effectiveness obtained after 48 hours.
- Coverage: 8-20m²/litre depending on surface porosity
- Clean-up: Clean tools and equipment immediately after use with a solvent.
- Equipment needed: Apply with a brush. Never apply with a sprayer.
- Odour: Slight
ProtectGuard MG can be used inside and outside on all vertical and horizontal surfaces. It is ideal for treating all low and very low porous materials, such as granite, marble, ceramic, polished & crystallised surfaces, stoneware porcelain and all smooth mineral substrates, especially low porosity silica-limestone materials.
ProtectGuard MG is used for new and renovated constructions.
- Always work in a well-ventilated space. If not, wear a protection mask.
- Never apply with a sprayer.
- For best results, ProtectGuard MG is used when the temperature of the substrates is between 5°C and 30ºC.
- Do not dilute or mix with any other product.
- Resistance to acids on calcareous materials (non crystallised marble…) is limited. It is necessary to eliminate acids quickly on these materials.
- On certain materials, product may slightly increase the original colour (carry out a preliminary test).
- Apply the product to a surface that is clean, dust-free, grease-free and dry. To remove stains greasy stains use Guard CleanerEco Soiled Floors. For efflorescence, laitance or concrete bloom use Guard RemoverEco Efflorescence & Cement. Surface preparation ensures good efficiency of the treatment.
- Rinse carefully and wait until the surface is completely dry and free from any cleaner marks before applying ProtectGuard MG.
- Use neat, do not dilute.
- Shake the product well before use.
- Always carry out a preliminary test.
- The treated surface should be impregnated in one application.
- Let the product penetrate and dry (from 10 to 60 minutes, depending on porosity and temperature of material).
- do not over apply, remove any access with a clean cloth by swabbing before the product dries.
- drying time – 1 hour
- the surface must be protected for 24 hours from traffic and liquids (rain, grease…)
- The surface can be polished without abrasion after application of the treatment.
- Optimum effectiveness obtained after 48 hours.
- Chlorophyllin based product.
- VOC 430g/l*
- Respiratory protection:
- Under normal conditions of use where adequate ventilation is available, no special respiratory protection equipment is needed.
- wear a protection mask (type ABEK) if the area is not well ventilated
- Hand protection : Wear latex gloves.
- Skin protection : No special protective clothing or skin protection is required under normal conditions of use.
- Eye protection : If there is a real risk of splashing, wear protective goggles.
- If swallowed : Do not induce vomiting. Contact a doctor or a specialist.
KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN
GuardHardener W5.00 out of 5$140.00 – $510.00 (from ~ $5.10/m2 RRP) Select optionsCompare
Pro Seal 896 Concentrate5.00 out of 5$295.00 – $880.00 (from ~ $1.85/m2 RRP) Select optionsCompare
D’MossGuard Eco5.00 out of 5$30.00 – $110.00 (from ~ $1.74/m2 RRP) Select optionsCompare
ProtectGuard MG Eco0 out of 5$220.00 (from ~ $3.14/m2 RRP) Select optionsCompare
ProtectGuard Wet Finish Premium5.00 out of 5$185.00 – $380.00 (from $3.04/m2 RRP) Select optionsCompare
ProtectGuard5.00 out of 5$160.00 – $600.00 (from ~ $5.00/m2 RRP) Select optionsCompare