- Additional information
- Environment & Safety
- Data Sheets
- Reviews (1)
ProtectGuard – Natural Look Sealer
ProtectGuard is a natural look sealer that delivers outstanding protection to all types of porous materials. It is an eco, water based stone sealer that repels water, oils, stains and even graffiti. It comes with a 10 year guarantee and has been proven effective for over 20 years in some cases. It is currently protecting iconic structures all over the world. Such as Bernini’s Columns at St Peters Square at the Vatican, and the Louvre in Paris. ProtectGuard, by Guard Industry, is the stone protection product of choice.
ProtectGuard helps tackle the deterioration caused by smog, greasy stains, and penetration of liquids. Treated surfaces will benefit from an increased life-span and will be easier to clean. Due to it’s high water repellency and vapour breathability, it keeps porous materials dry. This stops mould and mildew growth. And will be difficult for lichens and moss to become established. Your materials will stay healthy and clean.
ProtectGuard works by stopping stains from soaking into the substrate. It repels all kinds of liquids keeping them above the surface. They can then be easily cleaned off. Surfaces are much easier to keep clean when they are protected with this stone sealer. It even stops chewing gum from sticking to the surface, and allows for easy, residue free removal.
ProtectGuard is also an anti graffiti coating! It stops paint and ink from soaking into the pores of the material. It can then easily be removed from the surface with GraffiGuard 2030 Eco. Guard Industry have developed this safe eco cleaner specifically for use with ProtectGuard. It will safely remove the graffiti without damaging the ProtectGuard. The seal remains intact for ongoing protection. This is a very safe and effective means of controlling and managing graffiti. No other natural look sealer that can do that! Except perhaps, ProtectGuard HD.
ProtectGuard is suitable for indoor and outdoor use. It is designed for use on all types of porous building materials. Use with confidence on:
- natural and synthetic stone.
- paving and more…
ProtectGuard lets Materials Breathe
ProtectGuard does not product a surface film. This full penetrating sealer leaves the treated surface permeable to air and water vapour. This enables any moisture trapped in the material to escape. This is important for most outdoor sealing applications. Water always seems to get in somehow! There are a few applications where moisture issues are very common. These include:
- retaining walls.
- low or below grade floors.
- water features.
- paving around pools.
ProtectGuard is completely invisible after application. So it does not change the look or the texture of the treated surface. It is UV and frost resistant and does not change colour with age. Its also non slip! Since it does not produce a surface film it will not alter the natural grip levels of the material. As such, full penetrating sealers should always be used in areas where slips need to be minimised.
ProtectGuard is an Eco Sealer
ProtectGuard stone sealer is an environmentally friendly sealer. It is safer for applicators, end users and the environment. This eco sealer is:
- Free from Petroleum solvents and silicone.
- Non hazardous and non toxic.
- 100% biodegradable.
- VOC < 2 g/l.
- 2008 Award of the “Éco Trophées 93”
Looking For Something Else? There is a Protect Guard Sealer for Every Application
ProtectGuard stone sealer is designed for use on high to medium porosity materials. It is ideal for materials like: concrete, plaster, terracotta and limestone. But if this isn’t what you are after, don’t despair! There is a Protect Guard Sealer to suit every application.
For high traffic applications consider Protect Guard HD. For very dense materials check out Protect Guard MG Eco. Its also food contact compliant! Or if you are after colour enhancement check out Protect Guard WF Premium wet look sealer.
A water droplet test is a handy way to check the porosity of your material. This is a good place to start when deciding which Protect Guard sealer is right for your application. Simply put a drop of water on the surface you want to seal. Time how long it takes for the droplet to soak in. Then check it against our selection chart.
5 Litre, 20 Litre
Hydrophobic (Water Repellent), Oil Repellent, Penetrating, Stain Protection
- Eﬀective for more than 10 years demonstrated by the CEBTP
(Experimental Centre for Research and Study in Construction and Public Works).
- Protects against water, oily liquids and staining.
- Limits efflorescence formation.
- Anti-staining, anti-dirt.
- Prevents chewing-gum from sticking, limits dirt due to pollution from building up again. Limits moss and lichen growth.
- Makes cleaning easier.
- Very good anti-graffiti properties.
- Prevents deterioration resulting from freeze-thaw cycle.
- Non film-forming, lets the surface breathe.
- UV-resistant, does not discolour.
- Invisible once dry.
- Ready to use, easy to use.
- Drying Time:
– Protected drying: 24 hours
– Optimum effectiveness obtained after 7 days
- Coverage: 4-7m²/litre depending on surface porosity
- Clean-up: Clean tools and equipment immediately after use with water.
- Equipment needed: low pressure sprayer, roller or brush
- Odour: None
ProtectGuard may be used indoors or outside on walls, ﬂoors and roofing. It is designed to protect all porous building materials such as natural and synthetic stone, concrete, terracotta, cement, self-locking paving…
Surface preparation :
- Apply the product to a surface that is clean, dust-free, grease-free and dry. To remove stains and marks of pollution use Guard Cleaner Polluted Facades. In case of greasy stains use Guard Cleaner Eco Soiled Floors. For efflorescence, laitance or concrete bloom use Guard Remover Eco Efflorescence & Cement.
- Rinse carefully and wait until the surface is completely free from any cleaner marks before applying ProtectGuard.
- Use neat, do not dilute.
- Shake the product well before use.
- Always carry out a preliminary test.
- The treated surface should be impregnated to saturation point, either in one application or in two applications ‘wet-on-wet’.
- do not over apply, eliminate any exceeding product before drying.
Environment & Safety
- Water-based product
- Petroleum solvent and silicone free
- Non hazardous and non toxic
- 100% biodegradable*
- VOC < 2 g/l*
- 2008 Award of the “Éco Trophées 93”
Pro Seal 770 Concentrate5.00 out of 5$250.00 – $600.00 (from ~ $1.26/m2 RRP) Select optionsCompare
GraffiGuard 2030 Ecological0 out of 5$230.00 Add to cartCompare
Rejuvenate5.00 out of 5$60.00 – $274.00 Select optionsCompare
Guard Remover® Eco – Efflorescence & Cement5.00 out of 5$80.00 – $290.00 (from ~ $3.19/m2 RRP) Select optionsCompare
GuardCleaner Eco – Soiled Floors0 out of 5$70.00 – $220.00 (from ~ $3.19/m2 RRP) Select optionsCompare
GuardHardener W5.00 out of 5$140.00 – $510.00 (from ~ $5.10/m2 RRP) Select optionsCompare