Pro Seal 896 is a water based cross linking co-polymer concrete sealer. It was designed by Water Based Sealers in Australia for use in our harsh Australian conditions. This amazing concrete sealer is an eco friendly, non-toxic, UV-stable, breathable and penetrating concrete sealer. It is suitable for use on most porous external surfaces.
Pro Seal will not darken the look of the surface but will add some shine, particularly to smooth surfaces. When used on exposed aggregate it will make the stones shine without significantly altering the mortar. This will enhance the contrast between the two and make the aggregate sparkle. Pro Seal 770 can be used as a first coat to provide some subtle colour enhancement if desired.
Acrylic sealer can be either water based or solvent based. Most types of acrylic sealer are film forming. They produce a thick film with quite weak surface adhesion. Solvent based ones are usually harder wearing but are more brittle and are not breathable. Any expansion and contraction can cause crazing. Any water trapped below the sealer can cause the seal to delaminate and peel off. Most water based ones are breathable, but are soft and flexible and as such aren’t very abrasion resistant.
Pro Seal is a better concrete sealer because:
- It contains a unique, specially designed, acrylic co-polymer. Once cured this ProSeal will not re-emulsify in water or most other solvents and common chemicals. This guarantees increased strength, durability and chemical resistance.
- It is a true nano sealer that penetrates deep into porous surfaces, using water as a conduit, for the ultimate in adhesion.
- As the Pro Seal dries, the polymer chains cross-link together to form a matrix seal. This matrix locks together everything in the top layers of the surface. This provides outstanding strength, stain resistance and durability. The top of this matrix forms a tough film on the surface that acts as a wear layer.
- It is breathable. Moisture can pass through the sealer as vapour. This enables any water that gets into the substrate to escape without damaging the sealer or the material being sealed. Water can get into the substrate through control joints, sealer failures and through rising damp. Sealers that can’t breathe will delaminate from the surface as the water vapour tries to escape. Therefore, a breathable sealer is a must in all outdoor applications.
- It can be applied in almost all weather conditions. Solvent acrylic sealer requires the substrate to contain less than 5% moisture and for the surface temperature to be between 5 and 30 degrees Celsius. Pro Seal loves water and is not negatively affected by hot or cold temperatures so you can seal all year round. The only time you can’t seal is while it is raining, simply because the rain will wash away the uncured sealer.
Since Pro Seal 896 is applied to a wet surface, it can be used straight after pressure cleaning. Or applied to new concrete as soon as it’s hard enough to walk on. So, Pro Seal 896 provides the earliest possible stain protection. Why wait for surfaces to dry when you can seal straight away?
Applying Pro Seal 896 on the day of a pour increases the hardness and durability of the concrete by improving curing. Plus, it provides stain resistance before any spills can occur. Apply immediately after power trowelling for a super strong and durable floor finish.
Pro Seal 896 will not turn white in wet conditions, will not yellow, and will never flake or peel.
This product is safe to use and is much better for the environment that solvent based alternatives. It has low VOC’s and is safe to use around children and pets.
Pro Seal 896 concrete sealer is supplied as a concentrate which is diluted with water prior to use. This reduces shipping costs, carbon foot print and overall product cost.